SPRING SOCCER LEAGUE (Canton)
Soccer for Youth Preschool-6th Grade
- Leagues will be formed in the following age groups: Under 5, U 7, U 10, U 13 (not in 7th Grade).
- Early Registration Deadline is Feb. 20 to receive $10 off fees.
- Youth must be registered by March 6th for team placement. All participants will be placed on teams by the director.
- Coaches meeting Tuesday, March 3, 6 pm.
- Practice will begin the week of March 16. Dates and times will be determined by the coaches.
- Games held on Sat. mornings April 4-May 30.
- No games May 23 due to Memorial Day Weekend.
- Pictures TBA.
- Includes free team shirt.
- New this season: U-13 will be a competitive division. Score and standings will be kept. The last week's games will be seeded games; there will be a division champion.
New! Traveling Soccer
- We will offer U-12 and Jr. High 7th and 8th grade traveling teams.
- Games will be played on some Friday evenings and mostly Saturday afternoons and evenings.
- Jerseys with numbers will be included in fees.
Fees for all ages: Members $42 Program Members $79
Contact Frank at email@example.com for Canton soccer, or Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org for Farmington, Brimfield or Elmwood soccer, or call 647-1616 for information on youth sports and financial assistance.
BRITISH SOCCER CAMP 2015
Challenger Sports' British Soccer Camps provide young players of all abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international expert's right in the heart of their own community. Campers will be exposed to individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games and scrimmages. Soccer skills are coached within a framework of character development based on respect, responsibility, integrity, leadership and sportsmanship. We offer a cultural education too! Our ever-popular Camp World Cup Tournament allows us to introduce players to the geography, traditions and culture of other great soccer-playing countries. Simply put; amazing coaches, awesome accents and cultural ingredients combine for a one-of-a-kind camp experience. With each week-long camp, your child will receive a free t-shirt, soccer ball, giant fold-out poster and a personal player evaluation.
Supplies: Campers should bring plenty of water each day. Full-day campers should also bring a packed lunch with a beverage and snacks each day. All campers should arrive at camp with sunscreen already applied, as well as with additional sunscreen to apply as needed (we recommend an SPF of at least 30). Attire: Summer active wear, shin guards, and athletic shoes or soccer cleats. Partial scholarships are available for families willing to host the British coaches.
CANTON YMCA CAMP WILL TAKE PLACE THE WEEK OF JUNE 8 2015, AND FARMINGTON/ELMWOOD CAMP WILL TAKE PLACE THE WEEK OF JUNE 15, 2015.